Mumbai: Planetcast Media Services, a leading global broadcast technology and media services provider, has announced that it is promoting its full portfolio of cloud first media suite including the unified service orchestrator for content processing, distribution and monetisation services and technologies at IBC2023 (15-18 September, RAI, Amsterdam, Hall 5, stand H78). Planetcast’s single-window, seamless content supply chain management will show how media companies can utilize an integrated suite of services that enable frictionless workflows and a hyper-connected approach to content creation and distribution.
“We are excited to be promoting at IBC2023 our unified service layer that puts the customer at the centre of the content processing, distribution and monetization journey,” said Planetcast’s chief executive officer Sanjay Duda. “As operators seek new opportunities, there is a growing number of components and service providers in the value chain that can make the process of creating, distributing, and monetising content more complex and costly. At IBC we will be promoting our single window offering that brings together all our existing modules – including content management, post-production and localisation, cloud playout, IP distribution, OTT and FAST channel services – as a seamless, yet modular, fully integrated solution.”
At IBC2023, Planetcast will show how it enables broadcasters and other media and entertainment companies to employ cloud solutions more efficiently – together or as separate components. Innovative services and solutions Planetcast is demonstrating live on its booth include:
● CLOUD.X, its cloud playout platform, which enables FAST workflows and rapid ad insertion in partnership with Wurl, a world leader in dynamic ad insertion for streaming TV services;
● Contido, a leading-edge, cloud-native content supply chain management solution designed to handle video processing and publishing across multiple platforms.
● Switch Media will showcase Its versatile suite of OTT solutions – whose customers include Foxtel (Australia), Antenna (Greece), Media Prima (Malaysia), and Freeview (New Zealand).
Planetcast has developed one of the industry’s most comprehensive cloud offerings, trusted by the world’s most demanding global media companies, including Disney, Star TV, Viacom, and Doordarshan, the premier public broadcaster in India. Other world-class clients include Amazon Prime Video, Discovery, Indian Premier League (IPL), and Sony.
As the global media landscape continues to evolve rapidly, throwing up new challenges for media companies trying to meet the changing needs of consumers, Planetcast has looked for ways to help its customers meet new demands on their businesses.
In addition to providing demos of the company’s innovative and proven cloud playout and MAM solutions at IBC2023, the Planetcast team will discuss other elements of its comprehensive media services portfolio, including:
● Recaster – a dynamic and robust IP transport solution, which delivers a secure internet stream from anywhere to anywhere, be it a linear channel or a live sports stream;
● Managed Post-Production Services – a software and cloud-curated ecosystem of post-production services with a high degree of process automation, plus AI-enabled capabilities;
● Playout Disaster Recovery – cloud-based DR solution that provides incredibly cost-effective protection against broadcast service disruption;
● OTT solutions, which it is offering internationally in partnership with Australia-based Switch Media, whose customers include Foxtel (Australia), Antenna (Greece), Media Prima (Malaysia), and Freeview (New Zealand).